Saturday, February 26, 2011

maybe if I blog about it, I will stop thinking about it? does that work?

I suppose everyone has a 'dream home' of some sort...
Some go for this sort of million dollar kinda thing ^   (can you find me in the picture? I'm kinda blending in with the bushes-but I'm in there-  I was bringing some sewing work to the folks who live there and Gabe took a picture to document my fancy pants clients... :)

Well, anyway- Maybe I'm nuts, but that place is not my dream home--it's just too sterile and museum-like to be a Home... to me. (sure, we'd live in it if that's what we had... it's just not our very first pick--)

I found one version of my personal dream home here in Meridian-- at a somewhat smaller price. (But for all practical purposes, it might as well be a million, because we simply don't have enough money for it at this point....)

Check it out if you want...


$130,000 for an acre of land  (that's an ENTIRE acre, mind you... none of that 0.10 of an acre stuff...)  with a cute little house-- a couple of bedrooms and a fireplace...  Also a smaller side home (maybe to rent out to sisters or brothers for cheap, eh? or kick the kids out to when they're being too sassy?)

And a barn/shop.  And a little stable area.  (maybe we'd even get a horse or something?)

On an Acre of Land!  This is exactly the sort of thing I'd love... enough land for a big garden....   maybe a bit of grass as well for us all to run around on.... not so much land that it's intimidating to take care of, but plenty to have have chickens and a big garden. (did I mention we'd like a BIG garden?)

True, it's kind of old-  I haven't seen it except for driving past (ok, and pulling into the driveway and maybe daydreaming a little bit....)  So maybe we should go check it out just so I can find a flaw with it so I won't think about living in the place anymore.

Anyway.  I know since it isn't in our immediate reach, I probably shouldn't think about it at all.  But then, if people never thought about future dreams they wouldn't ever become reality.

So perhaps some day we'll get our acre... somewhere...






2 comments:

  1. I want land too. But I'm thinking more like 10 acres. I want about an acre of landscaped yard, a nice but not too big (I agree with the "sterile" comment) house, a big garden and a few acres of hay (to feed to our cows.)

    ReplyDelete